Wednesday, September 12, 2007

The second-best real estate sign ever

There it is. Finally. The prettiest sign on the block.

It's been "pending" for a few days now -- forgive me for not telling you all earlier. But you might characterize the buyer as "difficult"...if you were being diplomatic. But Ben and I have worked it all out with him, and because of the great corporate relo package from Sherwin-Williams, we know now we're actually moving.

See, the package has this phenomenal contract that says that after an inspection contingency has been removed from an offer, if the sale falls through for any other reason, the relo company buys the house at the contracted price. I am kind of a superstitious person by nature -- I don't like counting my eggs before they've hatched. I don't like saying anything is guaranteed in life -- I've been bitten enough.

(Don't believe me? Ask Ben about the Jets comeback against the Dolphins in a 2000 Monday Night Football game. Sounds tangental, but it's really a great story for showing that I can never count on ANYTHING to happen.)

So onward with the inspection on the house in Mississippi. And if that goes well, I'll post photos of that house, too. But I'm not assuming it will go well. I'm not assuming anything. I'm only knowing that I'll do what it takes to get our family back together. Like I told Ben, you can make back money, but you can't make back time.

So, God-willing...northwest Mississippi, here we come!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Emilee Odette Garrett said...

Woo-hoo! That's GREAT news! Can't wait to see you SOON!