Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Slow, slow, slow


shadow girl, originally uploaded by je ne sais quoi.

We had about 40 agents through the house today on an agent tour. Most of them had positive things to say. Four of them said we needed to lower the price to $199,900. My realtor says they're nuts: They didn't check the comps. That would be $105 a square foot, and houses in here go for about $119 on average. She says there's NOTHING wrong with the house that would require that kind of price cut and not to freak -- that they simply don't know the neighborhood and were there for free food. Most said our price was very saleable -- a couple said closer to $210 would get it gone faster.

Really, I do want to sell it so badly. I had no idea it would take this long...even though everyone looks at me like I'm nuts since this is what, day 21? But it's time to move on with our lives, and apparently we listed at the worst possible time -- the market just dropped dead here. She says wait through the weekend before we hit panic. I said I'll try.

The photo? Well, it does kind of indicate my mood right now. I feel like we're in a holding pattern, and like life is just a little shadowy right now. I can't see what's behind the shadow, though I know there has to be sun to create the darkness. I'm holding out for the sun.

2 comments:

OurLilypad said...

lots of hugs. I so know what it is like to live with life on pause or until. Hang in there.

Unknown said...

I understand. I feel like I've been in a period of waiting, too, as Greg and I decided what to do with child care/health insurance/working ... and I told my editor today that starting Sept. 14 I'm staying home with Cate. It's hard when you're ready to move forward and logistics are holding you up. Good luck with the house.